Home Page

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"We’re going to a party. It’s a birthday party...

...It’s your birthday party. Happy Birthday, Darling!" - Bright Eyes

On August 2nd I will officially be a quarter of a century old. This is a milestone in my eyes and I want to celebrate it as such. August 1st is a Saturday, so I figured I would have a party on the night before and then on Sunday Jason and I are going to take Nikki to Disney World.

My original idea for festivities was to rent a room at this really cool karaoke bar in town and have everyone come dressed in costumes for a "Born In The 80s" theme party. The venue delivers drinks straight to your room and you only have to embarrass yourself in front of your friends, so I figured it would be a good time for all.

Jason and I have a very small group of friends however, so I'm thinking maybe I should come up with alternative plans. Bowling is always silly and fun, but an intimate dinner at a restaurant where we'd have to dress up could be nice too. Then I was thinking since we're going to Disney on my actual birthday, we could go up the night before and party in Orlando. There's plenty of fun things to do, but I doubt everyone will want to drive the 2 hours it takes to get there.

I'm enlisting your help, my fabulous followers! Please vote in the sidebar poll on what you think is the best plan. Thanks girls!

6 comments:

birdsandplanes said...

omg bowling! we can still dress up and there is booze. and food.

Valerie said...

Kimburger - You did not vote in the poll, my dear. So your bowling bid will be ignored. Please voice your opinion the democratic way. Thank you.

kitty kouture said...

LOL to your comment!

I voted for karaoke, but also feel that fine dining would be fun equally as fun and an awesome way to celebrate a milestone! :) xx

Valerie said...

Ashley - Maybe we can do the fancy dinner and then the karaoke?? Hmmm sounds enticing...

cocobella21 said...

They all sound like great ideas!! Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be fun :) I voted karaoke. xx

Valerie said...

CocoBella - Thanks so much!